Important PIN Information
Important Information Regarding Your Personal Identification Number (PIN)
The PIN Application Process consists of 3 steps:
Step 1: Enter Personal Information
Step 2: Submit Your PIN Application
Step 3: Receive Your PIN
- Your PIN can be used each year to electronically apply for federal student aid and to access your Federal Student Aid records online.
- Your PIN serves as your electronic signature and provides access to your personal records, so you should never give your PIN to anyone, including commercial services that offer to help you complete your FAFSA.
- Be sure to keep your PIN in a safe place but accessible to use in the future.
- If you already have a Federal Student Aid PIN, but have lost or forgotten it, you can request a duplicate by selecting Request A Duplicate PIN from the PIN home page.
- If you believe your PIN has been compromised, you can request a different PIN by selecting Change My PIN from the PIN home page.
- If you previously disabled your PIN and would like to begin using it again, you can reestablish your PIN by selecting Reestablish My PIN from the PIN home page.