Social Cognition Laboratory
If you are an Augustana student and are interested in getting involved in research, please contact Prof. Mark Vincent at x7224 or send me email.
I am currently running (or have run in the recent past) studies on the following topics:
- Use of specious logic to "defend" biased decision making based on prejudice-- this is known as causistry.
- Examination of Haidt's Moral Foundations theory, and in particular, the extent to which the five foundations are represented in memory as constructs that can be rendered temporarily accessible via priming.
Former assistants who have gone on to graduate school include:
- Brett Wells (Northern Illinois University)
- Jeremy Heider (Northern Illinois University)
- Lisa Schroeder (University of Kansas)
- Amy McCabe (University of Oklahoma)
- Rebecca Hall (Southern Illinois University)
- Matt Weeks (University of Memphis)