Augustana College printing logo

Hanson Hall of Science dedication

Former Deere CEO and 1948 Augustana alumnus Robert Hanson and his wife, Patricia Hanson, have given $8 million, the largest single gift in the history of Augustana College, to name the Science Building and the building's lecture hall wing at Augustana.

The building will bear the Hansons' names and be called the Robert A. and Patricia K. Hanson Hall of Science. The lecture hall wing will be named for their niece, Lisa Wood, a 1982 Augustana alumna and be called the Lisa A. Wood Lecture Hall Wing.

The announcement and dedication took place Aug. 2, 2010, with friends, faculty and staff, students and college officials. A reception was held after the ceremony in the newly dedicated Hanson Hall of Science.

 


Augustana chaplain Richard Priggie offers a prayer of dedication.
Evelyn Campbell, left, vice president and dean of students services,  and Ellen Hay, interim vice president and dean of the college greet Robert Hanson.
Robert and Patricia Hanson talk with Dr. Catherine Goebel, professor and chair of art history.
Lisa Wood and her daughters Pamela and Jennifer look over a hall included in newly dedicated Lisa A. Wood Lecture Hall Wing.
Robert Hanson and Dr. Kristin Douglas, associate professor of biology.
Robet Hanson talks with Kim Brunner, chair of the Augustana Board of Trustees.
Mr. and Mrs. Hanson with Albert DeSimone, senior advisor for principal gifts in the college Office of Advancement.