What is Experience Augustana?
You're a senior, and you've applied for admissions at Augustana. This is it...you're closing in on a college choice. To help with the decision, find out what it's like to be an Augustana student. (Or find out what it's like to be an Augustana parent.) See first-hand how students and mentors work together in our collaborative learning environment. Have a conversation with the Dean of Students and see how students balance academic challenge with co-curricular passions.
Experience Augustana visits for 2013 are scheduled for:
- Sunday, March 24 - Monday, March 25
- Registration closes March 17. Overnight visits must be scheduled by March 10.
- Thursday, April 11 - Friday, April 12
- Registration closes April 5. Overnight visits must be scheduled by March 28.
Registration is closed for the 2013 Experience Augustana Events. Please call the Office of Admissions with questions: (309)794-7341
At Experience Augustana
- Spend the evening in a residence hall (optional). Overnight deadline is 2 weeks prior to visit date.
- Attend class
- Meet with professors
- Dine in the dining halls
- Attend athletic or music practices
- Explore residential hall options
- Attend an evening reception and meet current Augustana parents (optional)
- Meet with financial assistance counselors
- Have lunch with faculty and administrators
- Have a conversation with the Dean of Students about the balance of work and play
Schedule of events
Sunday, March 24 or Thursday, April 11 (optional)
6:00 p.m. Check-in for overnight students
6:00-7:00 p.m. Dinner for overnight students & hosts
6:00-7:30 p.m. Parent reception
Monday, March 25 or Friday, April 12
8:30 a.m. Check-in for all students
8:30 a.m. Breakfast with Admissions staff
9:15 a.m. Welcome and overview of the day
10:00 a.m. & 11:30 a.m. Class options
10:00 a.m. Parent Sessions
11:30 a.m. & 12:45 p.m. Student Lunch
11:45 a.m. Parent Lunch
2:00 p.m. Academic appointments, co-curricular meetings and campus tour (optional)