Augustana College Blue & Gold Certificate Program
To view the workshops that are currently scheduled, please visit the ITS training page: www.augustana.edu/x16363.xml.
The Blue and Gold Certification program was designed to encourage updated technology skills and recognize those who are staying on the cutting edge and is available to all Augustana employees at no charge.
- Courses are offered at various times throughout the academic year. Classes will include no more than 20 people (though most are smaller).
- Classes are also available though Lynda.com an online learning resource. You may sign up for your free account with your Augustana email address at Lynda.com.
Note: As long as the course is completed blue and gold credit is earned. Lynda offers many other courses than what are included in the certification requirements. If you feel there is another courses that is useful to your position contact us for pre-approval. Contact Wendy Ramsdale at x8092.
Certificate requirements include:
Prerequisites to enter the Blue & Gold Certificate Program:
(can be demonstrated or completed via a course)
- Computer Basics
- Introduction to Office 2010
Completion of five core courses:
(Each course will be offered at least once per term)
- Microsoft Word Beginning
- Microsoft Word Intermediate
- Excel Basics
- PowerPoint, Beginner Level
- Google Apps Overview (E-Mail, Calendar, and Drive)
Completion of three or more electives:
(Each course will be offered at least once per year)
- Excel Intermediate
- Google Drive
- Google Forms
- Google Sites
- Access Basics
- CMS Basics
- Moodle Basics
- Mac Basics
- Hardware Troubleshooting
- Supporting a Smart Classroom
- Basic Photo Editing
- Intermediate Photo Editing - With Pixlr Editor
- Advanced Photo Editing
- iMovie '09
Those completing the program will be recognized and encouraged to begin the recertification process. The ITS department will provide a full listing of course offerings, descriptions, and calendar of events through email. They will also be posted on the ITS training page: www.augustana.edu/x16363.xml.