Technology Training and Workshops
Click here to add our training calendar to your Google Calendar!
Resources for Self-Paced Training
ITS provides training prior to and/or after making major upgrades on campus. If you find that you need more training after an upgrade, check to see if there is an upcoming training on the topic or contact the helpdesk at (309) 794-7293. Otherwise, individual training is available upon request. Common topics for training are:
- The topic you are interested in
- A time that you would be available
- The best way to reach you
What is lynda.com?
Lynda.com provides a vast online library of instructional videos taught by accomplished teachers and recognized industry experts covering the latest software, creative, and business skills. To learn more, click here.
Start learning in the way best suited to you
- View the How to use lynda.com course to learn how to find, access, and view lynda.com tutorials. The biggest benefit to Lynda.com is the flexibility in how you can use it:
- Complete entire courses and add a certificate to your LinkedIn profile
- Watch only the videos on the topics you need to learn
- Search the transcripts of a course to listen to a specific instruction instead of watching a full video
How can lynda.com support me?
- Keeps you current on technology
- Tracks your individual training progress
- Inspires you to be more effective and productive
- Lets you learn at your own pace-anytime, anywhere
- Supplements curricula and teaches technical skills outside of class
- Provides certificates of completion you can post on LinkedIn
- Offers personal and professional development
Various training sessions and workshops are provided by ITS throughout the year. All employees and students are welcome to attend, free of charge. Staff can also get credit for Blue and Gold Certification which is our on-campus professional development program.
Software Help Sheets
We have uploaded support documentation here for easy reference.