Technology Training and Workshops
Click here to add our training calendar to your Google Calendar!
Resources for Self-Paced Training
ITS provides training prior to and/or after making major upgrades on campus. If you find that you need more training after an upgrade, check to see if there is an upcoming training on the topic or contact the helpdesk at (309) 794-7293. Otherwise, individual training is available upon request. Common topics for training are:
- The topic you are interested in
- A time that you would be available
- The best way to reach you
What is lynda.com?
- A vast online library of instructional videos covering the latest software, creative, and business skills.
- Taught by accomplished teachers and recognized industry experts
- Available for students, faculty, and staff looking to develop skills in topics such as:
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Project Management
- Social media
How can I access lynda.com at Augustana College?
All faculty, staff, and students receive complimentary access to the entire lynda.com course library.
- While on campus, go to iplogin.lynda.com
- Click create a profile
- Fill in the form with your information
- Indicate if you are a student or staff member
How can lynda.com support me?
Lynda.com helps you to:
- Keep current on technology
- Track your training progress
- Learn at your own pace—anytime, anywhere
- Learn technical skills outside of class and supplement in-class instruction
- Earn certificates of completion you can post on LinkedIn
How can I get the most out of lynda.com?
- Set aside time every week for online training
- Visit lynda.com regularly for a listing of new and updated courses
- Watch the welcome video of a course to check out its training content
- Use bookmarks to indicate favorite videos or courses
- Create and share course playlists
- Download exercise files and practice applying knowledge as you go
Software Help Sheets
We have uploaded support documentation here for easy reference.
Various training sessions and workshops are provided by ITS throughout the year. All employees and students are welcome to attend, free of charge. Staff can also get credit for Blue and Gold Certification which is our on-campus professional development program.