- Double check that your jack is connected correctly (see picture)
- Check that you are connecting with the correct cable. (see picture)
- Try to disable your firewall. Most firewalls can be disabled by right clicking on the icon shown in the bottom right side of your screen
- Check with your neighbors. If they are having issues, most likely it is not your computer but a network problem.
- Were you prompted to re-start your computer? If you were not, you quit too soon. When the process is completed you will be prompted to re-start your computer.
- Clear your cache. This can be done by opening up Internet Explorer. Under the tools menu select “Internet Options”. Next click on “delete cookies” then “delete files” (be sure and click onto option to delete all off-line content).
- If you are still having issues, contact the helpdesk at x7293 or Student Computing Coordinator at x8092.
Look for the "augustana" or "AugieWiFi" SSID in these locations and more:
F.W. Olin Building
Erickson Residence Hall
Hanson Science lobby and auditorium
House on the Hill
Parkander Residence Hall
Thomas Tredway Library (most areas)
Westerlin Residence Hall
For the most up to date list, click here.
Wireless is available throughout Erickson, Swanson Commons, Parkander, and Westerlin and in public areas of residence halls. However, plugging in to your ethernet cable - if your laptop has one - is more reliable. Wireless connections are more prone to interference from cordless phones, microwaves, and other devices. If a problem occurs it is very difficult to distinguish where the problem is coming from.
You are most likely picking up a signal from another student who has brought their wireless access point (connection) onto campus. You should not use their connection. ITS only supports the “augustana”, "AugieWiFi", "AugieWiFi(Secured), and "ACGuestNet"wireless connections.
This depends on where you live. If you live in Westerlin, Erickson, or Andreen, you are not allowed to bring your own wireless routers. We are in the process of making all of our residence halls wireless, so this list is subject to change. You will need to use the wireless access points that are provided by ITS. To learn how to connect to these access points, click here.
If you live in a different residence hall, access points are preferred, but certain router types have been approved for use on campus. Even approved routers must be configured according to the instructions created by ITS before they can be connected to the network!
For more information, see ITS' Personally Owned Wireless Access Points and Routers Policy.
Find the power strip that everything (router, cable modem, etc) is plugged into and turn it off for 5 - 10 seconds - then turn it back on. If this does not solve your problem call the ITS helpdesk at 794-7293.
If several computers in your house are not working, it is a good idea to try resetting the router. If only one computer is not working, it most likely is a computer issue. Please do not reset a router that has been configured by ITS! Instead call the helpdesk at x7293.
If several computers in your house are not working, it is a good idea to try resetting the router. If only one computer is not working, it most likely is a computer issue.