- Double check that your jack is connected correctly (see picture)
- Check that you are connecting with the correct cable. (see picture)
- Try to disable your firewall. Most firewalls can be disabled by right clicking on the icon shown in the bottom right side of your screen
- Check with your neighbors. If they are having issues, most likely it is not your computer but a network problem.
- Were you prompted to re-start your computer? If you were not, you quit too soon. When the process is completed you will be prompted to re-start your computer.
- Clear your cache. This can be done by opening up Internet Explorer. Under the tools menu select “Internet Options”. Next click on “delete cookies” then “delete files” (be sure and click onto option to delete all off-line content).
- If you are still having issues, contact the helpdesk at x7293 or Student Computing Coordinator at x8092.
Look for the "augustana" or "AugieWiFi" SSID in these locations and more. For the most up to date list of campus buildings with WiFi, click here.
Wireless is available throughout many of our residence halls (and we are in the process of adding it to all of them). However, plugging in to your ethernet cable - if your laptop has one - is more reliable. Wireless connections are more prone to interference from cordless phones, microwaves, and other devices. If a problem occurs it is very difficult to distinguish where the problem is coming from.
ITS only supports the “augustana”, "AugieWiFi", "AugieWiFi(Secured), and "ACGuestNet"wireless connections. If the signal that you are seeing has any other name, you are most likely picking up a signal from another student who has brought their wireless access point (connection) onto campus. You should not use their connection.
This depends on where you live. If you live in Westerlin, Erickson, Seminary, or Andreen, you are not allowed to bring your own wireless routers. We are in the process of making all of our residence halls wireless, so this list is subject to change. You will need to use the wireless access points that are provided by ITS. To learn how to connect to these access points, click here.
If your residence hall does not have Augustana-provided WiFi, you may bring an access point or a router that does not violate our policy (for more information, click here). Even approved routers must be configured according to the policy created by ITS before they can be connected to the network!
Note: You may be asked by ITS to disconnect your router if it begins to interfere with our network. One example of this is if ITS installs WiFi in your residence hall. Once you have been asked to disconnect your router, you must do so or you may be subject to a fine or banning from the Augustana network. For more information, please see the Augustana Wireless Policy.
Find the power strip that everything (router, cable modem, etc) is plugged into and turn it off for 5 - 10 seconds - then turn it back on. If this does not solve your problem call the ITS helpdesk at 794-7293.
If several computers in your house are not working, it is a good idea to try unplugging and plugging the router back in. If that doesn't work and your router was set up according to the manufacturer's instructions, you can try resetting the router. If only one computer is not working, it most likely is a computer issue. Please do not reset a router that has been configured by ITS! Instead call the helpdesk at x7293.
If several computers in your house are not working, it is a good idea to try resetting the router. If only one computer is not working, it most likely is a computer issue.