We are so excited to welcome you to campus in August! To prepare for your arrival, please complete a housing contract and rooming preferences by the priority deadline of June 26.
• Start at housing.augustana.edu
• Select the blue "Sign Up" button
• Enter the requested information. In order to validate your student status, use the birth date and zip code that was submitted in your application. (International students should use the first five digits of the international zip code). Note that the email account you use to set up your account will be same one you use to log in to campus housing in the future.
All residents residing in campus housing for the academic year are required to submit a housing deposit of $150. This is a refundable deposit that the Business Office will retain until July of your concluding year in campus housing
• To Pay your refundable housing damage deposit of $150. Click on the Payment link
All first-year students, sophomores and juniors are required to live on campus unless they receive an off-campus release. To apply or see if you are eligible, submit this form before June 26.
Any incoming student requesting special housing accommodations must submit housing preferences and a contract along with supporting documentation by June 26. Documentation can be uploaded into your housing contract through housing.augustana.edu or faxed to the Office of Residential Life at 309-794-7152. Acceptable documentation must be completed by a licensed professional and state the desired need or accommodation required. Accommodation requests received after the priority deadline will be met as space allows.
Again, we cannot wait to see you on campus in the fall! If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact our office at 309-794-2686.
Kindly, the Res Life Team
P.S. In order to ensure the best match, students should complete their housing preferences by themselves.
Incoming student room and roommate information will be emailed to your Augustana email account towards the end of July.
Getting to Know your Roommate
We encourage you to reach out to your roommate via email, facebook, etc to begin to get to know them.
Asking questions similar to those listed below may aid with moving in and laying a strong foundation for your roommate relationship.
- Where are you from? What are your interests? What are you studying?
- What are you bringing to the room? (discuss items like refrigerators, microwaves, futons, televisions, things that may take a lot of space)
- Are you an early riser or night owl?
- What are your expectations for a roommate?
- What are you comfortable sharing?