Augustana Global Ambassador Program
Serving as one of our Global Ambassadors is a great work-study opportunity for our students to support the International Students.
Who can apply to be a Global Ambassador?
- Students who have participated on an international program
- International students
- Students who have have lived with international students or who have lived abroad.
What do Global Ambassadors do?
- Participate in International Student Orientation for new students
- Become mentors to new international students
- You must be available to work two weeks prior to the first day of class
- Assist with new student arrivals, move-in activities, International Student Orientation, and much more.
- Assist with International High School Visit Day
What are the benefits?
- Work closely with Augustana's international students and visiting international faculty
- Excellent experience for your personal resume
- Continuation of your international experience
How can I become an ambassador?
- You must have a 3.0 GPA
- Watch for the email that will be sent after the first of year announcing that applications are being accepted.
Application Deadline - Interviews - Notification
Interviews will take place during Week 1 of Spring Term and students will be notified of their status during Week 2.
Questions? please send Jane Tiedge an email.
Current Global Ambassadors 2012-2013
- Lynn Reinacher (Germany) - Peer Mentor for the International Students
- Martin Skantze (Norway)
- Samantha Bazely (Canada)
- Lin Myat (Burma)
- Hilmir Kristinsson (Iceland)
- Scott Fick (United States)
- Nik Maggos (United States)
- Hilary Timmerman (United States)
- Liv Reinacher (Germany)
- Mai Anh Hoang (Vietnam)
- Vuk Bojovic (Serbia)
- Connor Bartholomew (Canada)
- Lawrence Palmer (United Kingdom)
- Jessica Gerdisch (United States)
- Alyssa Anderson (United States)