Augustana Global Ambassador Program
Serving as one of our Global Ambassadors is a great work-study opportunity for our students to support the International Students.
Who can apply to be a Global Ambassador?
- Students who have participated on an international program
- International students
- Students who have have lived with international students or who have lived abroad.
What do Global Ambassadors do?
- Participate in International Student Orientation for new students
- Become mentors to new international students
- You must be available to work two weeks prior to the first day of class
- Assist with new student arrivals, move-in activities, International Student Orientation, and much more.
- Assist with International High School Visit Day
What are the benefits?
- Work closely with Augustana's international students and visiting international faculty
- Excellent experience for your personal resume
- Continuation of your international experience
How can I become an ambassador?
- You must have a 3.0 GPA
- Watch for the email that will be sent after the first of year announcing that applications are being accepted.
Application Deadline - Interviews - Notification
Applications will be available towards the end of Winter Term and Interviews will take place during Week 1 of Spring Term.
Questions? please send Jane Tiedge an email.
Current Global Ambassadors 2013 - 2014
- Jessica Gerdisch (USA) - Peer Mentor for the International Students
- Liv Reinacher (Germany)
- Mai Anh "Daisy" Hoang (Vietnam)
- Vuk Bojovic (Serbia)
- Connor Bartholomew (Canada)
- Lawrence Palmer (United Kingdom)
- Emily Butts (USA)
- Danica Gray (USA)
- Emma Levich (dual USA & Israel)
- Mayu Oya (dual USA & Japan)
- Nikki Radloff (USA)
- Lily Ramos (dual USA & Mexico)
- Maggie Richardson (USA)
- Megan Young (USA)
- Yee Mon Thant (Myanmar)
- Sven Steller (Germany)
- Emma Howes (USA)
- Josh Cull (USA)