Transitional Living Areas (TLAs are campus apartments and houses located on the campus perimeter that combine many of the advantages of residential living with those of the off-campus experience. Residency in TLA housing does not require off-campus release.
Augustana developed the Transitional Living Area (TLA) program to meet the maturing needs of college juniors. TLA life provides less structured, yet fully supportive housing while still fulfilling the college's three-year live-on requirement. This experience is designed to serve as a transition period, preparing students for off-campus living.
- Assurance of safe, well-maintained living units (Public Safety and Police is available 24-hours per day).
- TLA Houses and apartments are open during college breaks (Fall, Christmas and Spring).
- Student rooms are furnished with a bed, dresser, desk and desk chair. Kitchens are furnished with standard appliances.
- Washers/dryers or acces to are provided to each traditional TLA resident.
- A Community Advisor (CA) is available to provide key service, share resources and upcoming events, provide general support and assistance, and mediate any conflicts that may develop.
- A board plan (food service) is not required, but customized options are availble.
- A variety of programs and activities, designed specifically for the mature student's needs, are offered on a regular basis.
- Cable and Internet service is included.
- Twenty-four hour visitation is available.
- Residents who are legal age (21 or older) may responsibly consume alcoholic beverages. More information about the TLA alcohol policies can be found in the residential living handbook, Inside Our Halls and Houses.
TLA Eligibility Requirements
- TLA beds will be initially reserved for the third-year students only. If there are still options available after the sign up is completed, openings will be offered to interested fourth-year students.
- Eligible student must complete the housing contract on housing.augustana.edu
- Students cannot request a TLA room or suite without the appropriate amount of roommate(s).
|Andeberg House (ABG)||738 34th St.||10 (6 apts)||2 singles
|Ansvar House (ANS)||3054 9th Ave||3||3 singles|
|Arbaugh Residence Center (AN 6-9)||1200 35th St.||64 (16 apts)||16 quads (single bedrooms)|
|Asgard House (ASG)||742 34th St.||3||3 singles|
|Austin House (AUS) - Not available for 2016-17||610 39th St.||3||3 singles|
|Baldur House (BAL)||3410 9 ½ Ave.||3||1 single
|Bellman House A (BEL) - Not available for 2016-17||602 39th St.||2||2 singles|
|Bellman House B (BEL) - Not available for 2016-17||602 ½ 39th St.||2||1 double|
|Bergman House (BER)||929 32nd St.||3||3 singles|
|Bostad House (BOS)||727 34th St.||9||9 singles|
|Branting House (BRA)||3429 7th Ave.||3||3 singles|
|Bremer House A (BRE) - Not available for 2016-17||3801 8th Ave.||3||1 single
|Bremer House B (BRE) - Not available for 2016-17||727 38th St.||5||1 single
|Celsius House (CEL)||808 34th St.||4||4 singles|
|Delling House (DLL)||721 34th St.||4||2 doubles|
|Eleventh Avenue Flats||1114 37th St.||36 (15 apts)||
3 singles (6 apts)
|Erfara House (ERA)||3052 9th Ave.||3||3 singles|
|Esbjorn House (ESB) *Pre-designated*||3025 10th Ave.||11||5 singles
|Forseti House (FOR)||1126 35th St.||7||5 singles
|Freya House (FRE)||3235 8th Ave.||5||1 single
|Gustav House (GUS) - Not available for 2016-17||608 39th St.||4||4 singles|
|Hansen House (HAN)||3037 10th Ave.||5||5 singles|
|Heimdall House (HEI)||731 34th St.||3||3 singles|
|House on the Hill (HOH)||3052 10th Ave.||12 (10 apts)||8 single
|Idun House (IDU)||3233 8th Ave.||3||3 singles|
|Jansson House (JAN) *Pre-designated*||1116 35th St.||3||3 singles|
|Karsten House (KAR)||1119 35th St.||3||1 single
|Larsson House (LAR)||3250 9th Ave.||5||5 singles|
|Levander House (LEV)||750 35th St.||6||2 singles
|Lindgren House A (LIN)||1206 35th St.||3||3 singles|
|Lindgren House B (LIN)||1204 35th St.||3||3 singles|
|Local Culture House (LCH) *Pre-designated*||1118 35th St.||3||3 singles|
|Lundholm House (LUN)||753 34th St.||4||4 singles|
|Martinson House A (MAR)||800 34th St.||2||2 singles|
|Martinson House B (MAR)||800½ 34th St.||2||2 singles|
|Milles House (MIL)||1113 35th St.||3||1 single
|Moberg House (MOB)||3336 7th Ave.||4||4 singles|
|Naeseth Residence Center (AN 1-5)||3311 13th Ave.||80 (20 apts)||4 singles|
|Nobel House (NOB)||812 34th St.||4||4 singles|
|Oden House (ODN)||921 34th St.||5||5 singles|
|Ostara House (OST) - Not available for 2016-17||1202 30th St.||3||1 single
|Parkander Residence Centers (PAR)
|3605 - 3601 11th Ave.||56 (14 apts)||4 singles|
|Roslin House A (ROS) - Not available for 2016-17||618 39th St.||2||1 double|
|Roslin House B (ROS) - Not available for 2016-17||618 ½ 39th St.||2||2 singles|
|Ryden House (RYD)||3400 10th Ave.||7||5 singles
|Sanning House (SAN)||3048 9th Ave.||3||1 single
|Sif House (SIF)||3407 6th Ave.||3||3 singles|
|Skadi House (SKA) - Offline||3437 7th Ave.||4||4 singles|
|Swanson SW (SWA)||1010 38th St.||136 (28 apts)||4 singles (14 apts)
5 singles (4 apts)
6 singles (10 apts)
|Swedenborg House (SWE)||3443 7th Ave.||3||1 single
|Thor House (THO)||816 34th St.||3||3 singles|
|Tyr House (TYR)||1111 37th St.||2||1 double|
|Vidar House (VID) - Not available for 2016-17||1200 32nd St.||3||1 single
|Viking House (VIK)||730 34th St.||9||4 singles
|Wicksell (WIC)||1120 35th St.||3||1 single
|Zander House (ZAN)||3203 10th Ave.||5||5 singles|
|Zorn House (ZOR)||3051 10th Ave.||3||3 singles|
|All information accurate as of 2/12/16, but subject to change|