Augustana Digital Commons
About Augustana Digital Commons:
Augustana Digital Commons showcases outstanding scholarly and creative works of the students, faculty, and staff of Augustana College. By providing free and open access to these unique materials, Augustana Digital Commons connects the intellectual output of the college with scholarship worldwide, thus contributing to the formation of new knowledge. In addition, Augustana Digital Commons preserves the college's history and facilitates campus communication.
- You are granting Augustana College permission to make your work accessible through the college''s digital repository, Augustana Digital Commons. Materials in Augustana Digital Commons are accessible to the world and searchable via Google and other search engines.
- You affirm that your work is original and/or includes appropriate citations/permissions when using work by others, and it does not violate the rights of another author or organization.
- You will keep the intellectual property rights (copyright) to your work.
- You will disclose any funding or sponsorship associated with the creation of your work.
- If your work includes images/media, discs with music, data sets, or other accompanying material that is not original work by you, you must include permissions from the original content provider. If your work includes interviews, you must include a statement that you have the permission from the interviewees to make their interviews public.
If your work has not been published elsewhere, and you would like to indicate how your work may be re-used by others, you can add a "Creative Commons" license to it when you place it in Augustana Digital Commons. For more information about the different types of licenses available, visit http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses/
How to Add Your Work to Augustana Digital Commons:
-- here's a step-by-step guide with screenshots
- Go to digitalcommons.augustana.edu
- Click on My Account at the top right
- Click Sign Up under Create New Account (or log in if you already have an account)
- Once you are logged in, click on Submit Work (under Author Corner at the bottom right)
- Click on the title of the appropriate collection where your work belongs; if it is not listed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read through the Submission Agreement and check the box at the bottom, signifying your agreement
- Fill out the form, upload your work, and click Submit
- When we receive your submission, we will publish it and notify you via e-mail
Faculty and Staff: How to Notify Us of New Projects for Augustana Digital Commons:
If you have a new project to add to Augustana Digital Commons, please contact Outreach Librarian Connie Ghinazzi or your liaison librarian. She will use the New Project Intake Form to understand the project and prepare for its publication in Augustana Digital Commons.