Kulturarvet records 1985-1988
Size: .25 linear feet, 1 box
Acquisition: Donated by Mariann Tiblin, Minneapolis, Minnesota in October 2004.
Access: The collection is open for research and a limited amount of copies may be requested via mail.
Processed by: Christina Johansson, January 2005
Control Num.: SSIRC I/O:59a
Origin of the material: The papers were donated by Mariann Tiblin in October of 2004. She was the editor for Kulturarvet 1985-1988.
Description: The papers include letters to the editor, final copies of the newsletters, a membership list, minutes from council meeting 1985-1988 and other misc. material pertaining to the production of the newsletter. Kulturarvet was the official national newsletter for Svenska Kulturförbundet/Swedish Cultural Society in America.
Related material: The papers of Henry Bengtson SSIRC PM:14, include Kulturarvet 1959-1969, and other records pertaining to Bengtson's involvement with the organization.
1. Letters to the editor 1985-1988, the majority of the letters are from Per-Hugo Kristensson, Park Ridge, Illinois
2. Minutes from council meetings, 1985-1988
3. Membership lists Minneapolis and Cleveland, 1885-1987, and other misc. papers
4. Kulturarvet, material for the newsletter
5. Kulturarvet, final copies ready for printing
6. Pictures for the newsletters, mid 1980s
7. Editors' time log, 1985-1987
8. IOGT, correspondence and pamphlets for future use in Kulturarvet
9. Misc. clippings and brochures, incl. a collection of Swedish proverbs collected and translated by Anne Ohman Williamson
10. Duplicate issues of Kulturarvet. The journal is cataloged and a complete set is located the in the library of the Swenson Center (E184.S23 K84)