Swenson Swedish Immigration Research Center
The Swenson Center at Augustana College is a national archives and research institute providing resources for the study of Swedish immigration to North America, the communities the immigrants established, and the role the immigrants and their descendants have played in American life. This is achieved by promoting and initiating academic research in the field and by collecting and cataloging Swedish-American archival and library materials. Another major role for the Center is to assist people researching their Swedish-American genealogy.
Swenson Center News
- Henrik Williams lecture on April 24: Runes, Twitter and the Vikings
- Faculty Research Stipend
- Visiting Scholar Award
- American Union of Swedish Singers' journal, Musiktidning, Digitized
- New Swedish American Genealogist Back Issues Available Online
- Watch the 2014 Ander Lecture on video
- Historical Newspapers Sought
- Digital letter collection
- Recently acquired books
Join our mailing list
If you would like receive occasional e-mail updates from the Swenson Center, please fill out your e-mail address below. You may unsubscribe at any time.