UPDATE REGARDING FACILITIES REPAIRS - 24 July, 2013
1. New cement sidewalks are complete near Carver P.E. Center. Sidewalks near the Founders circle drive and Old Main are in progress.
2. The project to replace steam traps is proceeding at a steady pace. Crews have completed the second and third floors of Seminary Hall. Work is currently being done at the Central Utilities Plant, main tunnel system, Hanson Hall of Science and Olin.
3. This week roofers will begin to replace the roof on the covered walkway between Founders and Seminary. Replacing the roof is expected to last 3-5 days and will depend on the weather conditions.
4. On Thursday, Aug. 1, an electrical outage is scheduled with Mid-American Energy. Please note these times:
- 7 p.m., College Center, approximately 1 hour of no power
- 8 p.m., Founders, Seminary, Swenson Geosciences and Planetarium, approximately 1 hour of no power
5. MidAmerican Energy plans to install a 4" plastic gas main along 7th Avenue from the Sorensen alley to 34th Street starting on Monday, July 29. The installation work will proceed on the south side of 7th Avenue to 35th Street, then cross 7th Avenue and continue to 34th Street. Sections of sidewalks will be removed at:
- The intersection of 34th Street and 7th Avenue
- The north and south sides of 7th Avenue at 35th Street
- The south side of 7th Avenue near Old Main
The project is expected to last a week, with possibilities of lane restrictions on 7th Avenue.
We apologize for any disruptions or inconvenience these projects may cause. If you should have specific questions, please contact David Baker, manager of facilities services, x7802.