Email and Campus-Wide PostingsWhile email has made communication with everyone easier, employees should take care to not overburden colleagues with information that may be of limited interest. Employees should follow these guidelines:
- Use campus-wide email for college-related purposes only.
- Do not send advertising or messages for personal gain, such as houses or cars for sale.
- Do not use campus-wide email to campaign or lobby for a position or cause.
- Use a short subject line that explains the content of the message. Do not be mysterious.
- Make the message quickly and easily readable. Avoid odd fonts, wild colors and big images.
- Do not repeat messages-send them once.
- Do send messages to the campus about important events or projects.
Updated February 2011