Job Title: Public Safety Dispatcher Revised: April 2014
Status: Non-Exempt 12 month, 32 hours per week (.8FTE)
Reports To: Chief of Security
Overview: Provide dispatch services and additional support to College community. This position is part of a team that provides 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year coverage. This is a part time (80%) 12-month position with t hours that rotate between 2nd and 3rd shift with weekend responsibilities.
- Answers calls received at the switchboard. Based on information provided by the caller, route calls to the appropriate party and/or dispatch security officers to respond.
- Monitors fire, instruction and card access alarms, responding according to College policy and protocol. Monitors camera feeds and reacts to situations as necessary.
- Calls in facilities service personnel and other Augustana employees for emergency purposes or as instructed.
- Answers emergency calls and notifies appropriate internal and external parties as specified by College policy and protocol.
- Creates incident reports and/or performs additional administrative support duties as requested.
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
Experience & Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office products to create written documents. · Ability to remain calm during emergency and stressful situations
- Ability to make decision with limited supervision and extreme time constraints.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of colleagues, students, and campus visitors.
- Ability to work efficiently with frequent interruptions.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a frequent basis Also required is the ability to see, listen, hear, speak, read, bend, stoop, and use a computer and telephone to accomplish work outcomes.
Additional Requirements: This position requires a valid driver's license. Successful candidates must complete a criminal background check. Note: This job description is subject to change and is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
Application Process: Interested applicants should e-mail a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. Materials must be received by April 18, 2014 for consideration. Augustana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.