Public Safety Support Officer
Job Title: Public Safety Support Officer Revised: August 2012
Status: Non-Exempt 9-month, Part-Time (15 hours per week)
Reports To: Public Safety Chief
Overview: Provide security services to College academic buildings and property to protect against fire, theft and illegal entry. This is a part time 9-month position with overnight hours (generally 8pm - 2am) and rotating weekend responsibilities.
- Responsible for following established procedures for touring academic buildings and College property. Stays in contact with other security personnel reporting breakage or other irregularities.
- Ensures that doors, entrances and other access points are locked and secured according to established policies. Turns of unneeded lights as scheduled.
- Assist campus visitors and ensures that visitors are on campus for appropriate reasons.
- Reports unsafe conditions or suspicious persons to Dispatcher and Security Officers.
- Responds to, and provides approved requests for access in academic buildings.
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
Experience & Skills:
- Prior security or military experience preferred.
- Willingness to learn and accept instruction and follow established procedures.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of colleagues, faculty members and students
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a frequent basis. This position requires good physical condition with the ability to walk for long periods and climb stairs in an outdoor environment. Also required is the ability to listen, hear, speak, read, bend, stoop, and stand for intermittently long periods of time. This position works overnight hours (generally 8pm - 2am) and has rotating weekend work requirement.
Additional Requirements: This position requires a valid driver's license. Note: This job description is subject to change and is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
Application Process: Interested applicants should e-mail a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. Materials must be received by July 29, 2015 for consideration. Successful candidates must pass a criminal background check. Augustana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.