Job Title: Cook (Revised: September 2013)
Status: Non-Exempt Full-time, 9 month schedule, additional summer work may be available
Reports To: Production Manager
Overview: Under direct supervision, prepares hot and cold food items for College dining center(s) and catering events.
- Prepares hot and cold food items for dining center service or catering events, generally on a 4 week menu cycle. Adapts to special requests and dietary concerns of individuals upon request.
- Interacts with guests at food stations, providing information and soliciting feedback from guests and ensuring a high quality experience.
- Works with other cooks and dining services staff to insure that production of food occurs in a timely, safe and efficient manner and meets a high standard of quality.
- Records production for each shift making suggestions and/or communicating concerns on a daily basis.
- Works to minimize waste of food and meets high levels of productivity.
- Adheres to standardized recipes
- Follows safety and sanitation standards set by Augustana Dining Services.
- Works with other staff to produce necessary food products to meet deadlines.
- Collaborates with team members in a positive manner to achieve Dining Services objectives.
- Lead and supervise students in work area.
- Other duties as assigned
High School diploma or GED. Culinary training preferred.
Skills & Experience:
- 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in food preparation in a commercial setting or equivalent food service experience.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and in collaboration with other employees.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a high volume, customer-oriented environment.
- Outstanding service orientation and the ability to create immediate rapport with a wide variety of personalities.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a frequent basis and maintain good personal hygiene. Also required is the ability to listen, hear, speak, read, climb stairs, bend, stoop, and stand for intermittently long periods of time. Must possess finger and hand dexterity for using small tools and equipment.
Note: This job description is subject to change and is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
Application Instructions: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com by February 6, 2015. In lieu of a resume, candidates can submit an Augustana Employment application in person or by mail to Human Resources, Augustana College, 639 38th Street, Rock Island, IL 61201. Final candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check, drug screen and physical.
Augustana College is an Equal Opportunity Employer