Status: Non-Exempt Part Time - 20 hours per week
Reports To: Catering Manager
Overview: Under direct supervision, works at various catering and special events on campus. Duties generally include set-up, food service, and tear-down/clean-up of equipment and service items.
- Sets up and prepares for service hot and cold food items for catering or other special events.
- Works with other employees to ensure that service of food occurs in a timely, safe and efficient manner and meets a high standard of quality.
- Works to minimize waste of food and meets high levels of productivity.
- Represents Augustana College with a friendly attitude, good personal hygiene and a willingness to provide excellent customer service.
- Other duties as assigned
High School diploma or GED. Previous food service experience is preferred.
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to work with limited supervision and in collaboration with other employees.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a high volume, customer-oriented environment.
- Outstanding service orientation and the ability to create rapport with a wide variety of personalities.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a frequent basis and maintain good personal hygiene. Also required is the ability to listen, hear, speak, read, climb stairs, bend, stoop, and stand for intermittently long periods of time
Note: This job description is subject to change and is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
Application Instructions: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com until filled. Final candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check.
Augustana College is an Equal Opportunity Employer