Job Title: Advancement Assistant Revised: July 2014
Status: Non-Exempt, full-time 12-month schedule
Reports To: Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations
Overview: Provides administrative support in the areas of donor relations, stewardship of gifts, acknowledgements, recognition, and endowed fund reporting.
- Provide administrative support for, Development Officer I, Major Gift Officer, Assistant VP of Planned Giving, and the Director of Corporate & Foundation on a variety of levels with various duties.
- Provide travel support including but not limited to arranging flights, hotels, and rental cars; preparing support materials and correspondence for donor visits, I Pass, GPS units, directions and expense reports.
- Staff Advancement Office reception area, handles incoming and outgoing calls, takes detailed messages, make or change appointments, make copies and provide excellent customer service.
- Provide support for the planned giving program including maintenance of Founders Membership Roll and college owned life insurance contracts, tracking planned giving marketing initiatives, assists with event planning, creates and enters monthly reports into Colleague data management system.
- Provide support for the corporate and foundation relations program including online research of funding sources, data entry, tracking and reporting related to grant applications and corporate engagement.
- Provide data entry and data manipulation on Access databases, alumni and donor management system (Colleague) and Excel spreadsheets to update donor demographic information, track constituents, gifts and donor recognition.
- Works collaboratively with other staff to manage logistics of mailings and messaging including coordinating mail merges, managing supplies, working with the copy center, bulk mail room, and web-based communication.
- Participates in planning and staffing of major donor events and other Advancement Office activities such as Homecoming, Family Weekend as needed.
- Occasional weekend and evening work is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED required. Additional education preferred.
Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience providing administrative support in a professional setting.
- Excellent computer skills with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, Access and Excel. Ability to learn Web basics and additional campus-wide software including Colleague.
- Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal skills, with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail essential.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, prioritize work, and meet deadlines with a high degree of detail orientation and accuracy.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of colleagues, alumni, donors, members of the campus community and students.
- Time management and organizational skills to handle multiple priorities in an environment of frequent interruptions.
- Excellent in-person and phone customer service skills and ability to relate to a diverse campus audience.
- Commitment to the mission of Augustana College.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a frequent basis. Also required is the ability to listen, hear, speak, read, write, climb stairs, bend, stoop, and stand for intermittently long periods of time. Must be able to use a computer to accomplish a variety of job tasks.
Note: This job description is subject to change and is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
Application Procedures: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 24th 2014. Successful candidates must pass a criminal background check. Augustana is an Equal Opportunity Employer