Beginning the Search
A great place to start is at the Careers and Internships Office which is located on the first floor of Sorensen.
But, before you start your search, set some goals and evaluate your interests and skills. Ask yourself these questions:
What are my career interests?
What kind of work do I want to do?
What skills would I like to learn or develop?
When can I fit an internship experience in to my schedule? Or when will I be ready to being a full time position.
What are my income needs and transportation options?
It's never too early to start planning! Complete the activities below to get started.
On your own:
- Create a resume and upload it to Augie Hub
- Log into Augie Hub to explore employers and opporunities
- Join the Augie Hub Facebook page for up-to-date information and events
- Determine when you want to do an internship- multiple experiences will be possible with planning!
- Attend ProFair in the fall and spring
- Attend ISCPA events
- Identify and apply for opportunities
- Attend career-related events
- Practice interviewing
Visit the Careers and Internships Office:
- Have your resume reviewed or create one
- Meet with the Careers and Internships Office staff to create a search strategy
- Become familiar with the internship and job recruiting cycles- when employers hire
- Prepare for interviews
- Participate in on-campus interviews
To schedule an appointment contact the Internships and Careers Office 309-794-7339.