The Center for Vocational Reflection provides academic and financial resources for faculty to enhance the integration of vocation and reflection into their teaching and scholarship. The CVR looks forward to continuing its support and partnership with Augustana faculty through:
- $500 CVR Reflection Grant. The grant invites faculty to develop a proposal for a course design/redesign that significantly integrates reflection in a way that helps students both probe for deeper critical understanding and meaning in the course, as well as guides them in vocational reflection that puts their prior experiences, knowledge, and self-understanding into conversation with the purposes of the course content.
- Pedagogical resources, such as this handout introducing reflection integration into teaching
- Vocation and reflection workshops
- Consultation for integrating vocation and reflection into teaching and/or advising
- Guest presentations in classes, which may include things such as teaching about reflection, administering career/personality/interest inventories, helping students integrate course content with career and life planning, and providing background on the relationship between vocation and psychological developmental concepts such as identity development and emerging adulthood.
- Encourage experiential learning by helping faculty integrate volunteer opportunities that connect courses with community organizations and projects
Archived Faculty Programs