Password Policy Change on July 8th
- Password complexity will increase for students (faculty and staff should already have these requirements). Three of the four following requirements must be filled by at least one character in your password:
- Alpha characters (i.e. a, b, c, etc.)
- Numerical characters (i.e. 1, 2, 3, etc.)
- A change in case (i.e. at least on capital and at least one lower case letter)
- Symbol (i.e. @,#, $, etc.)
Note: this will take effect on your next password reset, whether it is a choice or if your password has expired (student passwords do not expire).
- All passwords (students, faculty, and staff) will be will need to be at least 8 characters (currently the requirement is 6).
Note: this will take effect on your next password reset, whether it is a choice or if your password has expired (again, student passwords do not expire).
- Password history for all users (students, faculty, and staff) will be increased from 2 passwords to 3. This means that you cannot use your last 3 passwords.
Note: this will take effect on the 8th. You will only notice it if you change your password.
- Certain departments (ITS, Business Office, Financial Aid) will expire every 30 days. Student passwords will continue not to expire and other faculty/staff will continue to expire every 180 days
Note: this will take effect on the 8th. If you are one of the 4 departments that this change effects and have not changed your password in the past 30 days, your password may expire. Please change your password by pressing ctrl+alt+delete and click on Change a password… on a campus PC or click here to change your password on a Mac or off-campus computer (this link can also be found on Arches).
As always, please let me know if you have any questions.