Note these upcoming training sessions:
- Windows 7/Office 2010
- Google Documents
- Beginning Access
- Ingeniux CMS (Edit Augustana Website)
- Google Sites
Windows 7/Office 2010 Workshop – RSVP to Wendy Ramsdale
- Olin 110 – Tuesday, October 4th 9:00 – 10:00
This workshop is offered for all Faculty, Staff, and Administration of the Augustana community whose computers have been upgraded to Office 2010/Windows 7. I will discuss changes and difference between Office 2007 and Office 2010. Also what is new with Windows 7.
Google Documents - RSVP to Wendy Ramsdale
- Olin 110 – Thursday, September 22nd 10:00 – 11:00
What is Google Docs? Learn the basics of Google Docs. Will discuss sharing and permissions.
Beginning Access - RSVP to Wendy Ramsdale
- Olin 110 – Wednesday, October 5th 1:00 – 2:00
Come and learn the basics of Microsoft Access 2010.
Ingeniux Training – RSVP to Kristina Jansson to reserve your spot and have your permissions set up
- Olin 110 – Thursday, September 22nd 2:30-3:30
- Olin 110 – Friday, September 23rd 11:30-12:30
- Olin 109 – Friday, September 23rd 2:30-3:30
This is a required class for those who want to edit the Augustana website. The training generally lasts for about an hour.
We will go over:
- Creating a New Page
- Viewing and editing Page Properties – Title, sidebar, abstract, body, right column content
- Publishing your Page – Checking in/out and marking for publish
For more in-depth information, view the Ingeniux documentation page.
iMovie Training - RSVP to Kristina Jansson
- Old Main 128 – Tuesday, September 27, 2:30-3:30
- Old Main 128 – Friday, September 30, 10:00-11:00
- Old Main 128 – Friday, September 30, 2:30-3:30
Explore the iMovie software and learn basic movie editing skills. After you leave you should be able to apply what you’ve learned to edit video that you can upload to YouTube or even burn to a DVD!
Google Sites ePortfolio Workshop/Training- RSVP to Kristina Jansson
Workshop for Students:
- Olin 110 – Monday, September 26, 1:00-2:00
This workshop is for students that are interested in learning how to use Google Sites to create an ePortfolio. We’ll start with a quick overview of the service and leave time at the end for any specific questions that you have.
Training for Faculty:
- Olin 110 – Monday, September 26, 4:00-5:00
This workshop is for Faculty members that are interested in creating an ePortfolio assignment in one or more of their classes. We will go over the basics of Google Sites, discuss how to make the service work for your needs, how to make a template for your students, and we’ll finish off with any questions that you would like answered.