Our own Quan Vi worked with Dr. Thomas Tredway on the layout of his new book about Dr. Conrad Bergendoff’s service to the college. Quan also designed the cover.
We visited assistant professor and Communiversity board chair, Katie Hanson last week to give her an Augie “A.” Celebrating its 35th anniversary, Communiversity courses are offered each Sunday in February, and several Augie professors are teaching courses again this year, including:
- Reel Theology-Dr. Jason Mahn
- Contemporary Africa: Understandings and Misunderstandings-Dr. Todd Cleveland
- Political Rhetoric 101: Study for the Midterms!-Dr. Stephen Klien
- Women and/in Islam-Dr. Umme Al-wazedi
Our office recently presented Scott Dean and Markus Harris, from the ITS department, an official Augie “A” to honor and appreciate the extra effort they have given to install new phones and ensure current phones will ring in an emergency situation. The work of Dean and Harris supports the campus emergency communication plan.
Congrats to the team of Kurt Tucker, Meghan Cooley, Beth Roberts and Quan Vi. We just heard today that we won a gold Award for our Augustana Vikings athletic logo and a bronze award for our admissions viewbook.
2013 Pride of CASE V Awards
Category: Best Graphic Identity/Logo
- Gold Winner-Augustana College, A Return to “Vikingness” in Augustana College Athletics
- Silver Winner-No Award Given
- Bronze Winner-Butler University, Butler Blue Logo
- Honorable Mention-John Carroll University, Forever Carroll Campaign
Category: Best Viewbook
- Gold Winner-Miami University, Miami University Viewbook
- Silver Winner-University of St. Thomas, University of St. Thomas: jUST for you
- Bronze Winner-Augustana College, Augustana Viewbook
Andrew Petersen ran the livestream effort for the Old Main rededication event at Homecoming. Thanks to our colleagues in Facilities for rigging this nifty scaffold. Here’s a link to the event video.
C&M prepared this 2013 Media Summary and Web Analytics Analysis for the October Board of Trustees meeting.