I haven’t posted in forever, but it’s all for good reason. There are so many things that have happened since we got back to school two weeks ago.
- I was offered a coaching position with the swim club that I lifeguard for! This means that now I need to budget my time for working 10+ hours a week in Bettendorf at the pool, 10+ hours a week as a CA on campus, countless hours for homework, time for classes, time for clubs, and most importantly time for myself.
- There have also been some things going on in Res Life at Augie which have caused me a fair amount of stress.
- After almost four months together, I now “officially” have a boyfriend, but we still won’t put it on Facebook…
- I’ve been working, and kicking butt on two senior inquiries.
- I’ve been trying to figure out what I really want to do with my life after I graduate. Being a student who has no interest in grad school can be kind of hard. Actually it’s really hard.
There are also some things that are going on in my life that as much as I wish I could share them with everyone, they’re still under wraps until the time is right. And no, that does not mean that I am pregnant or engaged. Hopefully I’ll be getting back into posting more once I have this next draft of my Sociology Senior Inquiry turned in!
*Edit – After looking back at the post, and realizing that I wrote it when I was running on pure adrenaline, I also realized that I should mention that the stress from Res Life comes from having to do room audits. This means I have to meet with all 46 of my residents, in their rooms, and have them sign a piece of paper. This is a common practice in Res Life around the country, but when it’s cold outside and your residents live on the other side of campus this can be a bit of a challenge.
Posted on January 26th, 2014 by Victoria Cartland
Filed under: Victoria Cartland