Hey everyone, welcome to my blog! I thought I would use my first post to introduce myself and let you all know what I’ll be writing about, so here we go!
If you didn’t know already, my name is Marie Brzezinski and I’m a sophomore English Education major. I got my acceptance letter to Augie on my 18th birthday and have made the Quad Cities my second home since I first stepped on campus. Speaking of home, I originally hail from Sycamore, IL (little town about 60 miles west of Chicago) but my family relocated to St. Louis, MO in March of this year. As much as I love Sycamore, I had a ton of fun exploring St. Louis over the summer! I’m sure I’ll make a post about my favorite St. Louis spots at one point or another, so be on the lookout for that!
When it comes to campus activities, I’m involved with the Augustana Symphonic Band and Opportunity Kicks Tutoring, which is a new campus group. I also have a job at the ticket office in Bergendoff, which I’m grateful to have found within my first month on campus.
When I’m not doing anything on campus, you’ll find me reading, watching movies, or playing video games. I’ll admit, I’m still a Pokemon kid at heart and I spend more time playing Pokemon X than I’d like to admit. If you’re reading this and happen to play X or Y, we should swap friend codes!
Now that you’ve read through my intro post, here are some fast facts about me.
- I’m going to Japan in February with the Symphonic Band! I’ve wanted to visit since I was 12, so I’m beyond excited to finally go.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald is my favorite author but, no, The Great Gatsby is not my favorite book.
- I have this weird habit of counting stairs. For example, the flights going from the CC to Centennial have 16 stairs each. Evald usually has 9 stairs in a flight. And there’s something like 68 stairs leading up to Andreen. Strange, I know.
- I believe everyone who passes EDUC300 should walk out with a shirt that displays Randy’s face on the back with “I SURVIVED EDUC300” on the front.
- I think that doge meme is pretty much the funniest thing ever. Much giggles, such laughs.
- I’ve been terrified of bears ever since my nanny (Italian for “grandma”) showed my sister and I a jump-scare video about a bear that went around eating people. They still make fun of us for it.
Anyway, that’s enough for now! Do you have any weird habits like my stair counting? Let me know in the comments!
Posted on November 21st, 2013 by Marie Brzezinski
Filed under: Marie Brzezinski