There are so many things that you will encounter in College, but the important thing is to know how to get out of those sticky situations. As I come to an end on my first year here at Augustana, I have encountered or heard about a number of interesting situations. Lets begin.
- People are using my things in the bathroom! You just have to move your things. It is as simple as that. My soap and toothpaste were getting used by someone that was not me, so I just started to keep my things in my room. I know that it can be a hassle, but it is worth the money you will save on not having to buy half of your floor toiletries.
- My roommate is having sex while I’m in the room! Again, this happened to me. You have to set clear boundaries with your roommate or they will continuously cross the line and make you feel uncomfortable Make sure that you figure these out as soon as possible and put them in your roommate contract, so if you roommate breaks the rules you can make sure they leave the room and not you. If they are drunk and do not listen to you when you tell them and their “friend” to leave, get a CA or call public safety. Its not being a cock block, it is getting sleep in your own bed. No one should have to leave their room to let someone else have a hanky panky. There are other places that they can go.
- I can’t make friends! I did not have this problem, but if this does happen to you, JOIN THINGS ON CAMPUS!!! That is a sure way to meet new people. And go out to late night events as well, not everyone drinks who goes out. It is worth it to get to know a large variety of people because you never know when you will need a favor or job.
- I don’t know what to do about greek life. RUSH! It is the only way. Even if you are impartial to greek life go. It is an amazing opportunity and you can make a lot of new connections and networks. If you decide to pledge, you meet the people that will be there for you for the rest of your college career as well as life. If money is an issue for you, all you have to do is talk to a member of the executive board to figure something out.
- My roommate keeps eating all my food! Again, this happened to me. You just have to make it clear that whats yours is yours, not theirs.
- My teacher doesn’t like me! Are you trying your hardest in class? Are you talking in class? It may be because of those things. Also, look on rate my professor to see if you are about to register for a good one.
I hope you enjoy some of my tips!! Keep your eyes out for more.
Posted on April 25th, 2013 by danicagray12
Filed under: Danica Gray