Today I want to share my dorm experience thus far. I am well aware that I am a little behind schedule, but I still feel that it is necessary that people get a good perspective on each of the Residence Halls, because each dorm is so unique its own way. You have a variety of opportunities and each dorm is it’s own experience. Today I am going to give you a tour of our lovely Residence Hall; Seminary!
I will admit that Seminary was not my first pick, but that’s probably a good thing to not expect the unexpected. Seminary has been a wonderful living hall and everyone is so tight nit that I can’t seem to get enough of it.
Now I shall give you a little background information before I start giving you the grand tour. First off, Why is the dorm called “Seminary”? Well, if you do a little history research, you’ll find that a long time ago in the 1900′s, Augustana was a Seminary School for future pastures and preachers. The dorm itself was an all-guys living hall.
To make this more interesting and to connect a little family history to this post, my grandfather graduated from Seminary at Augustana in the early 1960′s! When I got tossed that family fact, it made living in Seminary that more exciting and special.
Some of the major advantages to living in Seminary is:
1. Close to sports Facilities
2. In the dead center of Campus!
3. ONLY A FRESHMAN DORM
4. You get a Double room (Two rooms: A study room/A bedroom)
5. You get to live alongside, not just one, but 2 other lovely roommates that you will learn to love!
6. Seminary is the least DRAMATIC dorm of the 5 Residential Halls
7. It is small tight nit family. There are only 80 students assigned to the hall.
8. If you have a passion for Religion, then the Chapel is a few feet in front of you!
9. Admissions is right Below the dorms (Girls are Second floor/Guys Third floor)
10. The observatory for Astronomy and the Geo science Museum/Building are in front!
Now for the Grand tour!
It’s not weird to take a selfie with your 2 amazing roommates, alongside your neighbor below!
Yes, we are the Mario Gang, so if
you’re up for a Mario
Cart challenge, then come on over!!
Boys and Girls, I hate to break it to you, but your dorm isn’t going to be the size of your room at home with your amazing flat screen and amazing queen sized bed. The great thing about the college life is you learn TO SHARE!
Naps will be your best friend in College, so be prepared to not sleep for days!! JK, but make sure you are doing your work. Naps are good though! Well, thank you for walking through this short tour of Seminary! If you have any questions let me know!
*If you are very confused about my title, then do realize that your next door neighbor if put in Seminary is the Chapel, so you get great views of weddings and services!*