Young alumni pilgrimage to Taize', France July 4-17
|Photo courtesy of Sabine Leutenegger|
|Reserve your spot|
In recent decades, the ecumenical monastery at Taizé, France, has become a pilgrimage site for young adults from around the world. They have discovered at Taizé an inner peace, a meaning to life and a new impetus for living.
Several thousand people in their 20s will gather the week that we will be there, to enjoy inspiring worship, Bible study, international conversation and friendship, and the lovely setting in rural Burgundy.
During July 4-17, 2013, we will spend one week at the Community and two days in the lovely provincial town of Cluny. Our trip will end with nearly three days in Paris, including a side trip to the magnificent Gothic cathedral in Chartres.
A stay at Taize' is an opportunity to seek communion with God in prayer, singing, silence and reflection. It can be possible to rediscover an inner peace, a meaning to life and a new impetus. Join us on a pilgrimage of trust on earth, with thousands of young people from all over the world.
The total cost of the pilgrimage, including airfare, is $2,600 per person.
The registration includes:
- Round-trip airfare from O'Hare to Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris
- Round-trip train fare on TGV from Paris to Macon
- Full cost of meals and lodging for seven (7) days at Taize' Community
- Two nights at Cluny Sejours, adult hostel in Cluny, includes Saturday and Sunday breakfast
- Three nights at Hotel Danube, Paris, includes breakfast each day
- Bus fare from airport to train station and from Macon to Cluny
Does not include:
- July 6 lunch and supper in Cluny, two lunches & two suppers in Paris
- Admission to art museums or other Paris attractions
To reserve your place:
- $1,300 deposit by March 1, 2013, made out to Augustana College; deliver to Connie Huntley, Campus Ministries Secretary, Room 101, Founders Hall or mail to Connie Huntley, Office of Campus Ministries, Augustana College, 639 38th St., Rock Island, IL 61201.
- $1,300 remaining balance due by May 15, 2013. ($1,400 airline cost is non-refundable after May 15)
For more information, contact Pastor Richard Priggie at (800) 798-8100, x7478; (309) 794-7478; or email@example.com or visit www.taize.fr.