Top 10 reasons to submit a FAFSA now
By now, you’re probably at the point in your college search where you've received admissions decisions, been notified of scholarships, and are narrowing down your final college decision. Financial assistance is probably going to be a consideration before you make that decision. With the help of our Office of Financial Assistance, here are the top 10 reasons to submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):
Vice president of enrollment Kent Barnds details the three biggest benefits to file the FAFSA by Feb. 1.
- You could become eligible to receive different federal, state, and institutional grant monies such as the Pell Grant and the TEACH Grant.
- Everybody's doing it.
- List up to ten different colleges that you want your FAFSA information sent to and in turn, those schools will send you a financial award letter based on the results.
- Filing a FAFSA makes you eligible to receive the Federal Stafford Loan.
- Filing the FAFSA is completely free.
- You will be awarded $500 From Augustana College if you submit a FAFSA to the processor no later than Feb. 1 (FAFSA must be signed by applicant and one parent and must be at the Federal Processing Agency no later than Feb. 1).
- By filing a FAFSA, you could be eligible to receive money through the Federal Work Study Program.
- Filing a FAFSA makes parents eligible to apply for the Federal Parent Plus Loan.
- What better thing to do during the cold months of January and February than file a FAFSA?