International Application Procedure
Admission of non-U.S. citizens to Augustana College is based upon overall academic strength as well as the financial ability to meet the cost of an Augustana education. International students are advised to enroll fall term, which is the beginning of the school year and gives international students greater opportunities for orientation and participation. Students who would like to be considered for admission should submit the following:
- Application for admission
- Official transcripts from secondary school and any university attended (transcripts must be in English and forwarded directly to Augustana from the institution)
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores sent directly from the testing agency (TOEFL minimum: 550 on written test; 80 on internet test. IELTS minimum 6.5).
- Augustana offers Conditional Acceptance for students who require additional preparation prior to enrolling. The college has a formal agreement with ELS Language Centers and will work with other language providers as necessary.
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher, academic advisor or school official
- A personal statement/writing sample explaining why the student wishes to study in the U.S. at Augustana College (Illinois)
- A Certification of Finances Form. This documents the financial resources of the student, family or sponsoring organization. A completed Certification of Finance Form is necessary to initiate the creation of an I-20 and application for a student visa. Download a printable version of the form here.
Please mail documents to:
Office of Admissions
639 38th Street
Rock Island, IL 61201-2296
Please contact us if you have any questions or would like additional information:
Director of International Admissions
Tel: (309) 794-7540
Fax: (309) 794-8797