Accreditation, Distinction and Reputation
- Augustana has had a chapter of the prestigious Phi Beta Kappa national honor society on campus since 1949. Only 12% of the nation's four-year colleges and universities have a Phi Beta Kappa chapter on their campus
- For the College: North Central Association of Colleges and Schools since 1912
- For the music department: the National Association of Schools of Music
- For the education department: the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and the Illinois State Board of Education
- One-on-one attention from faculty and staff: The quality and quantity of personal attention offered at Augustana is exceptional.
- Hands-on learning opportunities: At Augustana students have remarkable access to practical, interactive learning experiences.
- A location with advantages: Students have access to more internships, research, and service-learnign with less competition for those experiences.
Augustana is nationally ranked as one of the best. Learn about more of the distinctions we consider our Points of Pride.
An Augustana Bachelor of Arts degree launches our students on successful career paths. An Augustana degree is know regionally and nationally. Graduates are successful and often repay their appreciation by supporting the college by offering internships, job advice, mentoring, and financial support to current students. Companies and civic organizations often contact Augustana directly offering opportunities for students because we are well known for having some of the best graduates in the Midwest.
- Over 35% of our graduates go to graduate school right after graduation - and are some of the most successful.
- Over 97% of our students have full time jobs are are enrolled in graduate school within 9 months of graduation
- Over 32% of our alumni give back to the college (almost double the national average).