Augustana College Cultural Diversity Award
"Without it, I simply would not be here having the best time of my life." — Chris Huerta '15
Read what past Cultural Diversity Award recipients have to say.
The Augustana College Cultural Diversity Award recognizes college-bound seniors who enhance the educational experience of all students by sharing diverse cultural experiences. The Cultural Diversity Award was established to attract the most outstanding students to Augustana College, with special emphasis on those who show potential for advancing diversity. These awards are an integral part of the college's effort to support the mission of the institution. The Cultural Diversity Award is a renewable, need-based scholarship with award amounts ranging up to $8,000. The amount of each award is determined by the Cultural Diversity Award committee.
Applications are closed for the 2014-15 awards.
Applications are available to U.S. citizens or nationals who would enrich the diversity of the Augustana campus by infusing a greater cultural, ethnic, religious, social, economic, and geographic background into our environment.
In order to be considered for this award, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen
- Apply for admission and meet standard Augustana admission requirements
- Submit the Cultural Diversity Award Application and essay by March 1.
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid no later than March 1. We recommend you use the IRS Data Retrieval Process which links your family's electronically submitted tax information directly to the FAFSA.
- Complete and submit the Augustana New Student Financial Assistance Information Form.
- If requested, complete and submit the Dependent Student Verification Form. (We will notify families after FAFSA results are received if this document is required)
- If requested, submit an Official IRS Tax Transcript (We will notify families after FAFSA results are received if this document is required. If the IRS Data Retrieval process was used when completing or correcting the FAFSA, an IRS Transcript is not required.)
The Augustana College Cultural Diversity Award committee, when selecting scholarship recipients, gives priority to students who demonstrate the following:
- A commitment to diversity demonstrated through the award application and essay requirements
- Financial need as defined by federal guidelines
- Ethnic background (priority given but not limited to members of an ethnic minority group)
Augustana College is a private, four-year, liberal arts institution that challenges and prepares its students for lives of leadership and service. A cornerstone of our mission is the belief that the education of Augustana's students must incorporate a global perspective, recognizing the need to interact sensitively and effectively with people of diverse cultures. An educational experience that prepares students for effective participation in society offers opportunities for learning, living, socializing, and studying with people from a wide variety of cultural, ethnic, social, economic, and geographic backgrounds.
Also, consider Augustana's Austin E. Knowlton Honors Program
Augustana's honors program is a selective opportunity open to first year students. Many colleges and universities have honors tracks, but few have what Augustana has - a carefully planned sequence of interdisciplinary honors courses. Read more about the honors program to see if it may be a good fit for you. Applications for the Austin E. Knowlton Honors program are accepted November through early March.