Judith Katz Memorial Theatre Scholarship
The Judith Katz Memorial Theatre Scholarship is named for fine arts supporter and Augustana alumna Judith Katz. The scholarship is a $16,000 award ($4,000 annually) given to students who will major in theatre arts at Augustana College.
Auditions will be conducted from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. on Saturday, March 15, 2014.
The application deadline is Feb. 28, 2014.
A completed application package must include:
• A completed application for the Judith Katz Memorial Theatre Scholarship (below)
• Two letters of recommendation: one from your nominating high school teacher or director, and ne from someone familiar with your work in theatre
• A resume detailing your theatrical experience and training (performance and/or technical)
• An essay (at least one but not more than two pages) describing your goals for your college theatre experience
The student audition will consist of:
• An audition/portfolio presentation
• An interview with theatre arts faculty
• Optional: Feel free to bring photos or other supporting materials (programs, reviews) to refer to during your interview.
If you apply for but do not receive a Judith Katz Memorial Theatre Arts Scholarship, your application automatically will be considered for one of Augustana College's general theatre scholarships (up to $2,500 annually).
For more information, email or call Christina Myatt, (309) 794-7611.
Application for the Judith Katz Memorial Theatre Scholarship
Submit your complete application package to:
Department of Theatre Arts
Attn: Katz Scholarship
639 38th St.
Rock Island, Ill., 61201