What can I do with a Degree in English?
When you have an English degree from Augustana you have opened doors to many different careers. It teaches you that there isn't just one way to approach life, or to accomplish your goal. It develops your imagination. It gives you a more sophiticated understanding of human behavior. It also enhances your life with the opportunity to read. It teaches you to be a better thinker, reader and writer. You need to be able to think, read and write for any career. Some examples of careers held by students who graduated from Augustana with an English degree are:
- Commentator, ABC-TV program Good Morning America
- Producer, NBC-TV Sports
- Advertising Editor, Agri-Business Publications
- Reporter, The Washington Post
- Technical Writer, American Dairy Association; University of Delaware
- Copywriter, North American Company for Life and Health Insurance
- College Professor
- University of Chicago
- Washington University in St. Louis
- Valparaiso University
- Gustavus Adolphus College
- High School Teacher, public and private.
- College Admissions Counselor
- Systems Analyst, Joint of Chiefs of Staff, Washington, D.C.
The opportunity exists for you to have a career in communications, editing, writing, education, law, government, public service, and the list goes on..........all with an English degree from Augustana College.