Longfellow School Partnership
Augustana College and the Rock Island School District have partnered to develop a new liberal arts program at Longfellow Elementary School.
For Longfellow students this means:
- becoming highly skilled communicators and problem solvers who think critically and creatively;
- exploring the connections between and among various subject areas; and
- developing a deeper understanding of their community, nation, and world while having access to the Augustana campus and facilities as an educational resource.
For Longfellow families this means:
- participating as an important part of the of the Longfellow learning community; and
- learning additional ways to be involved with your child’s education.
For Longfellow teachers and staff this means:
- working with Augustana faculty to expand their understanding of “best teaching practices”; and
- utilizing the Augustana campus, departments and facilities as a learning resource and support for Longfellow students.
For Augustana College faculty and staff this means:
- working closely with Longfellow teachers and students to expand the understanding of teaching practices; and
- gaining new insights and experience applying their skills in a “real-world” setting.
Augie and Longfellow in the news: