The Association of American Colleges and Universities is accepting proposals for Diversity and Learning: A Defining Moment, which will be held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, October 19-21, 2006. The conference seeks to take stock of how effective current structures, programs, and framings are and to chart emerging new directions for the next generation of work.
AAC&U invites scholars, educators, practitioners, students, administrators, and community partners to submit proposals to Diversity and Learning that address issues raised in any of the five pathways:
- consensus, contested, and evolving definitions of diversity
- institutional change models that promote inclusive learning
- new frontiers in diversity scholarship, programs, and curricular designs
- points of tension that propel or hamper progress
- research and assessment findings that can inform new models and approaches to diversity learning
Proposals may be submitted online through January 13, 2006