The Teaching Professor Conference
Transform Your Teaching!
Many conferences offer ways to enhance your teaching skills. But one stands out from all the rest- The Teaching Professor Conference.
At The Teaching Professor Conference you will learn:
- Active learning examples to implement in the classroom
- Techniques for large classroom instruction
- Alternative teaching methods
- How to deal with grade inflation
- Techniques for multigenerational teaching
- Procedures for online classroom instruction
- Guidance about promotion and tenure
- Tips about conducting research
- How to balance a large teaching load
- SoTL research being applied in practical ways
- Ways to work with technology
Learning to Teach Across a Career
May 19-21, 2006
Our nationally recognized invited presenters have expertise on important instructional topics. Each presenter is a rigorous thinker with a special set of skills and knowledge. The Teaching Professor Conference presenters will deliver insights and information relevant to improving classroom education and will help teachers think about teaching across a career.
The sessions delivered by our presenters promise to be pedagogically rich, intellectually robust, and will provide practical solutions to the most complicated challenges we face as instructional change agents-Here are just a few:
- John Bean, Author of Engaging Ideas , Jossey-Bass
- Carolyn Cottrell, Webster University
- Michael Glaser, St. Mary's College of Maryland
- Joseph Sciaretta, Millersville University
- Larry Spence, Penn State-Berks
- Jacqueline Waggoner & Ellyn Arwood, University of Portland
- Jeffery Walls, Indiana Institute of Technology
We hope to see you this spring! For more information, visit www.teachingprofessor.com or call 1-800-206-4805.
2718 Dryden Drive
Madison , WI 53704