Board of Trustees, Augustana College
At its winter meeting last weekend, the board reviewed the following statement of its objectives and responsibilities.
Board Objectives and Responsibilities, 2006
- To be certain that steady progress is made in implementing the College's strategic plan and to review periodically the strategic plan to ensure that it advances the College's mission.
- To be certain that we have the best person for the job of president.
- To be certain that we are solid financially.
- To be certain that every trustee understands the nature of the students we are recruiting, what we want them to experience at Augustana, and what we hope for them in life's experiences.
- To be certain that our faculty quality is in the top 20% of AAUP IIB colleges and universities in the country and that we have a method to measure such ranking.