finalized January 2015
Students who transfer to Augustana fulfill, with one exception, the same requirements as students who begin their college study at Augustana. The exception is the sequence of courses designed for first-year students. Instead of completing this sequence, transfer students will be required to complete:
- One college writing course specifically designed for transfer students, which must be taken at Augustana.
- One course in Christian Traditions at the 200 level.
- 6 additional credits of Learning Perspective courses (in addition to the 27 LP credits required of all students). These 6 credits replace the first-year LSFY courses (101, 102 or 103) in which they are not permitted to enroll.
These special requirements may be completed prior to matriculation or while enrolled at Augustana.
Transfer students are expected to complete all other requirements of the college either through transfer coursework or while enrolled at the college. These requirements include:
- 60 credits earned at Augustana, and the last 24 in residence at the college.
- 40 credits at the 300-400 level.
- Minimum competency through coursework or testing in foreign language and quantitative reasoning.
- One course with an investigative laboratory.
- One course in each of the six Learning Perspectives and three additional courses from 3 different Learning Perspectives, for a total of nine courses.
- One learning community.
- One 3-credit global perspective course and one 3- credit diversity course.
- Two credits of physical activity courses or a comparable transfer course.
Students who wish to enroll at the college as a first year student, but also wish to transfer in AP credits or community college credit must adhere to the Pre-Enrollment Credit Policy.
Students are required to send their final transcripts (from their most recent high school and/or college experience) to Augustana as a condition of continued enrollment. Please see Transcript Policies for further information about the parameters for sending your transcripts to Augustana and how transcripts are accepted.
Special Transfer Agreement for Students with an Associate of Arts Degree
Under the Augustana community college transfer agreement, Augustana will waive our nine Learning Perspective (LP) requirements when a student has earned an Associate of Arts degree from one of these institutions. On a case-by-case basis, Academic Affairs and the Registrar's Office shall be permitted to extend the agreement to students earning an AA from other community colleges when their curricula similarly reflect the broad range of general education requirements at Augustana College. Qualifying students are required to obtain an Associate of Arts degree and achieve a minimum of 33 credits of transferable course work (of grade of C or better.) Individual credits for all transfer students are evaluated on a case by case basis.
Black Hawk College http://www.bhc.edu/index.aspx?NID=80
College of DuPage http://home.cod.edu/academics/transferInfo
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges (Clinton, Scott and Muscatine) http://www.eicc.edu/index.html
Harper College http://goforward.harpercollege.edu/page.cfm?p=4296
Kirkwood College http://www.kirkwood.edu/programs
McHenry College http://www.mchenry.edu/ATC/DegreeInfo.asp
Courses not waived by this agreement include the suffixes (I, Q, G, D), the Health and Physical Education Requirements (HEPE activities courses), the foreign language requirement, and the 300-400 level requirement. Please see the degree requirements for a complete list of the course work required for a Bachelor of Arts Degree.
This agreement is not extended for students with an Associate of Science (AS) or Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degrees.
Policy adopted as academic policy by Facutly Senate January 30, 2014
Approved as a pilot for four years, 2010-2014