Coordinated Degree Programs
finalized March 2016
Augustana College offers the opportunity for exceptional students to apply to coordinated degree programs with other institutions. A coordinated degree program is a program where some of the coursework is taken at Augustana, and some of the coursework is transferred back to Augustana at a later time to complete the BA degree. Students wishing to participate will generally spend three years at Augustana before attending another institution to begin study in another degree program. Students wishing to pursue this kind of program have two options:
1) Transfer Augustana credits at any point in their Augustana experience to another institution and complete their bachelor of arts program at that institution. Students will not receive a degree from Augustana College.
2) Participate in a coordinated program with the assistance of an Augustana faculty advisor within a participating department (signed agreement required.)
Additional information about these programs and the names of advisors are given in the Courses and Programs of Study section of this catalog. Speciﬁc information and advice should be sought from the program advisor early in the ﬁrst year of study. Augustana offers coordinated degree programs in the following areas:
- Environmental Management & Forestry
- Landscape Architecture
- Occupational Therapy
- Veterinary Medicine
The following standards apply for students wishing to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree from Augustana. Prior to enrollment in a coordinated degree program at a receiving institution, a qualifying student must:
Requirements of the Augustana Bachelor of Arts Degree. Student is responsible for:
- Completing a minimum of nine (9) terms of full-time enrollment at Augustana.
- Completing a minimum of 90 credits at Augustana (transfer and AP work cannot be included.)
- Seeing that all General Education coursework is complete prior to enrollment at the receiving institution.
- Seeing that all transfer coursework from the receiving institution meets all requirements of the Augustana transfer policy (see catalog.)
- Communicating with the Augustana faculty advisor for particular advising needs.
- Applying to graduate within all published deadlines (see Academic Calendar.)
- Arranging to have official transcripts sent directly to the Office of the Registrar before the intended date of graduation.
- Adhering to all other degree requirements set-forth in the Augustana Catalog
- Submitting a completed Coordinated Degree Program Agreement before enrollment at the receiving institution.
Coordinated Degree Program Agreement forms may be found on the Office of the Registrar forms page.
Augustana also cooperates with Trinity School of Nursing so that students will complete the bachelor of arts degree at Augustana and then continue their studies in the Trinity School of Nursing. Please see the Augustana Nursing Program for more information.