Augustana Grants Website
1) The Academic Affairs office is pleased to announce that we will continue to offer grants for Blended Learning and Community Connections course development.
The first grant is for developing courses or revising existing courses to incorporate "blended" learning (i.e., utilizing a mix of face-to-face and online pedagogies to advance student learning). The second grant opportunity asks for more intentional connection between either (a) the humanities/social sciences and our pre-professional programs; or (b) a course in any discipline to the Quad City community.
You can read the details on the following link; the deadline for both grants is November 18th. Feel free to contact Margaret Farrar x 7313 with any questions. http://www.augustana.edu/academics/academic-affairs/faculty-grants/internal-grants/teaching-grants
Presidential Research Fellowship
Eligibility: All tenure-track and tenured faculty
Deadline: December 15
Notification: January 15; funding disbursed July and August
Presidential Research Fellowships are intended to support faculty research, scholarship and artistic work at Augustana. The fellowships will pay up to $4,000 for a faculty research project to be undertaken in the summer. Up to $750 is available for travel and expenses. The proposal should constitute a new area of research, a new area of an existing research agenda, or support for substantial, ongoing work. Proposals are invited in any of the four areas of scholarship: discovery, teaching, integration and application (outlined by Ernest Boyer in Scholarship Reconsidered) as well as in artistic work. Proposals are competitive and will be reviewed and ranked by an off-campus evaluator. Priority will be given to faculty who were not awarded a Presidential Research Fellowships in the previous year. Faculty members who have summer research funding as part of their contracts in a given year are not eligible for Presidential Research Fellowships in that year. PRF funds are available only to tenured and tenure-track faculty.
Submission to a peer-reviewed journal-or the equivalent for an artistic project-is normally expected within a year (by July the following year); in disciplines where such a deadline is inappropriate, please include a date for submission in the proposal. A report on the research, a copy of the letter of submission, and a copy of the paper will be due at the same time. Publication or acceptance within 18 months of August 15th of the year the award was granted will result in an additional $1,000 stipend.
Proposals should address the specific nature and scope of the research, as well as its likely audience. Proposals should be no more than five pages, including a detailed budget for any expenses and a description of the proposed venue for publication or performance. External readers will evaluate proposals and make a recommendation.
Submit proposals to Mary Koski in Academic Affairs.
Responsibilities of the Grantee
- If you have received PRF funds in the past five years, please indicate in your proposal if and where the project resulted in publication.
- Presidential Research Fellows will be expected to do a substantial portion of the search on campus through the summer of the award, unless the research calls them away from the area.
- Presidential Research Fellows will not be eligible for summer teaching other than travel courses lasting no more than two weeks.
- A report on the research, a copy of the letter of submission, and a copy of the paper will be due to the Dean of the College within a year of the award money being dispersed.
- Acknowledgement of Augustana financial assistance in products produced from work.