Three Faculty Development Opportunities
1) The Academic Affairs office is pleased to announce that we will continue to offer grants for Blended Learning and Community Connections course development.
The first grant is for developing courses or revising existing courses to incorporate "blended" learning (i.e., utilizing a mix of face-to-face and online pedagogies to advance student learning). The second grant opportunity asks for more intentional connection between either (a) the humanities/social sciences and our pre-professional programs; or (b) a course in any discipline to the Quad City community.
You can read the details on the following link; the deadline for both grants is November 18th. Feel free to contact Margaret Farrar x 7313 with any questions. http://www.augustana.edu/academics/academic-affairs/faculty-grants/internal-grants/teaching-grants
2) The NEH Summer Stipend program has been announced for 2014. Our internal deadline for preliminary proposals is Monday, September 16, 2013.
NEH Summer Stipends provide $6,000 for two consecutive, uninterrupted months of full-time independent study, research and writing that will make a significant contribution in the humanities. All applicants with college or university affiliations must be nominated by their institution. All U.S. citizens, whether they reside inside or outside the United States, are eligible to apply. Foreign nationals who have been living in the United States or its jurisdictions for at least the three years immediately preceding the application deadline are also eligible.
We are allowed to nominate up to two faculty members. Because it is possible that we may receive more than two internal applications, our deadline for the preliminary proposals will be Monday, September 16 for internal review prior to nomination. We do request, however, that you let us know as early as possible if you are planning to submit a proposal. Notification of the two proposals selected to be submitted to the NEH will occur no later than September 20. The two faculty members selected will then be able to consider the internal review committee's comments and revise as they feel necessary for the September 26, 2013 submission deadline.
Please submit the following to email@example.com, no later than September 16th if you would like to apply for the NEH Summer Stipend Program:
1. Resume, not to exceed two single-spaced pages;
2. Detailed description of the proposed study, not to exceed three single-spaced pages; i.e., a draft of your NEH proposal;
3. Bibliography for the project, not to exceed one single-spaced page; and
4. Names and titles of the two people who would be writing references.
For questions or assistance in developing your proposal, or general questions please either refer to the NEH Summer Stipend web-site: http://www.neh.gov/grants/research/summer-stipends.
3) Please click HERE for information about a Faculty Fellows program offered through the Illinois Board of Higher Education. Applications are being accepted now.