This Week's Message
As usual, there is a LOT happening in the CEC!
Almost two-hundred of our students attended the career fair (ProFair) sponsored by the CEC and St. Ambrose, which is more than last year! Thank you all who sent your students to the CEC for help with their resumes and up to PepsiCo for the event itself. Due to the great work of the Internships and Career Development offices, we had over seventy-five employers there who were eager to engage with our students. The biggest complaint was that they wish more students had come....so please think how you can help out next year!
This week the CEC will be sponsoring Friday Conversations in the Wilson Center. Come and meet the folks from the CEC and find out all that we do. We do a lot for students-but we also do stuff for you.
Come and learn about some important new initiatives:
- 2011 CEC Faculty Grant Opportunities: Two of the CEC offices are unveiling a grant program that will put money in your pocket! Darrin God, Director of Service Learining, and Ryan White, Director of the CVR, will make an announcement about the programs and have applications and further information on Friday.
- Service-Learning Grant: $500 grants awarded for the development of Service-Learning courses
- Vocational Course Integration Grant: $500 grants awarded for course designs integrationg vocational reflection
- Funded short-term faculty abroad programs: Come learn about this year's Council on International Educational Exchange opportunities, one or two-week intensive programs abroad for faculty to enrich knowledge, broaden teaching and scholarship, and plan Augie study abroad programs. The Office of International Programs can provide grants of up to $3,000 each to support three faculty members accepted into these seminars.
- Augie Hub: on October 3rd, we will launch Augie Hub, an on-line system to connect our students with off-campus opportunities to compliment and supplement their academic experience. Volunteer openings, internships, entry level positions and part-time jobs will be managed on the Augie Hub.
Director of the Community Engagement Center