Teaching Circle for New Faculty: Integrating Active Learning in the Classroom
- Wednesday, April 1, 3:45 p.m. - Wilson Center
- Thursday, April 2, 10:30 a.m. - Old Main 128
Reading with Purpose Workshop - Thursday, April 2, 4:30 - 5:30 pm - Wilson Center
What specifically do we want our students to gain from the readings we assign? How do our purposes for assigning readings compare or compete with student purposes for reading them? This ACTL workshop will explore ways faculty can help students read academic texts with flexible and productive purpose. Please join Katie Hanson, Chuck Hyser, Virginia Johnson and Farah Marklevits for this important workshop.
Teaching and Learning Conferences
The International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning is pleased to announce that the call for proposals for the 2009 conference (Indiana University in Bloomington, IN - October 22-25) is now available at http://www.issotl09.indiana.edu/call.html. The theme of "Solid Foundations, Emerging Knowledge, Shared Futures" will invite scholars of teaching and learning from around the world to share their evidence-based insights and theoretical frameworks for how to teach today's students to be tomorrow's most prepared citizens. Contact information: George Rehrey, firstname.lastname@example.org , 212-855-9023 Jennifer Meta Robinson, email@example.com, 812-855-4607 Whitney Schlegel, firstname.lastname@example.org, 812-855-7116
Register now for the third annual University of Windsor (ON) and Oakland University (MI) Teaching and Learning Conference, themed, Promoting Student Learning: Diversity and Student Success, May 12-13, 2009. This year's conference will offer participants the opportunity to interact with a highly diverse group of presenters from Canada and the United States, and we are very excited about the quality and variety of the presenters' work. We encourage you to book your accommodations before April 11 to receive a special rate. You can register and view accommodation options at http://cleo.uwindsor.ca/oakland/index.php.
- "Students 101: How to tailor your teaching to the interrupter, the hijacker, and other familiar types."http://chronicle.com/weekly/v55/i06/06a12001.htm
- ACTL Website: http://www.augustana.edu/x10019.xml
- The Teaching Professor: http://www.magnapubs.com/issues/magnapubs_tp
- On Course Newsletter: Any one is welcome to subscribe to this free newsletter. To subscribe, send a blank message to: OnCourseemail@example.com
- The National Teaching & Learning Forum: www.ntlf.com