The Office of International Student Life is looking for candidates to work and serve as key student leaders for 2018-2019.
All positions will close at noon on Nov. 27, 2017 at noon, and successful candidates will be chosen before winter break begins. Make sure that as you apply that you read the position descriptions and instructions carefully.
For more information, contact Danny Kim, assistant director.
International Student Life Student Associate - Media Specialist
The Media Specialist position supports the mission, vision, and values of the Office of International Student Life by working with the Assistant Director of International Student Life. The Media Specialist will engage in graphic design and video projects assigned by the Assistant Director, and help with setting up, implementing, and breaking down of programs hosted by the office. The Media Specialist will also sit in on the Global Engagement Team Marketing Committee to assist with the programs in GET.
The Global Ambassador will assist during International Student Orientation, fulfill mentorship role to first-year international students, and design and implement programs for international students throughout the year. They will also assist in the setup, implementation, and breakdown of programs hosted by the office.
Summer Worker 2018
The Summer Worker position supports the mission, vision, and values of the Office of International Student Life by working with the Assistant Director of International Student Life. The Summer Worker will assist in implementing International Student Orientation and programs throughout the academic year 2018-2019.
The Summer Worker will be responsible for communicating with incoming international students, responding to their inquiries, and also communicating with businesses and organizations in the Quad Cities for implementations of programs.
Global Engagement Team
Did you enjoy Diwali or International Kick Off Party? Would you like to join the movement in educating our campus about international issues? Are you gifted in marketing and in the visual arts? Are you good with budgets? If you said "yes" to any of these questions, then Global Engagement Team (GET) is for you! Below are all the openings in the Global Engagement Team for 2018-2019.
• Executive Chair: leads and oversees all operations and committees within GET.
• Vice Chair: acts as second in command to the executive chair, coordinates programs for social welfare of GET members, and takes notes during meetings.
• Chair for Signature Event: leads planning and implementation of signature events, oversees committee members who are in charge of performance, venue logistics, food, stage design, and so on.
• Chair for Educational Programming: leads planning and implementation of educational programming and workshops, oversees liaisons to students, faculty, and administration.
• Chair for Marketing: leads the creation and distribution of marketing materials, overseeing photography, videography, graphic design, social media, written communication, and liaisons for signature events and educational programming.
• Chair for Financial Wellness: leads budget management and partnership with sponsors, overseeing bookkeeping, sponsorships, fundraising, and liaisons to signature events and educational programming.