Brand

Augustana Women
1984-1992

MSS 57
approximately 2.5 linear inches



Creator:

Augustana College (Rock Island, Ill.). Augustana Women.

Language:

English

Access:

There are no restrictions on the use of this collection

Access points:

Women --Societies and clubs.

Finding aid prepared by:

Allison James, 2008

Repository:

Augustana College Special Collections
Thomas Tredway Library
639 38th Street
Rock Island, Illinois 61201
309-794-7643
specialcollections@augustana.edu




Acquisition Information
Historical Note
Scope and Content
Box List
Related Collections



ACQUISITION INFORMATION

Unknown

 

HISTORICAL NOTE
Augustana Women was a group of women faculty and administrators, wives of past and present faculty and administrators, and honorary members. It was originally known as the Augustana Dames, formed in 1946, and changed their name in 1984. The club's purpose was to encourage fellowship among its members. The group met once or twice a year for luncheons.

Some of the topics of discussion and visiting speakers include: "History of Basket Weaving" by Vickie Morrow, a fashion show by the Quad-Cities Smockers, a demonstration of new Hewlett-Packard computers, "An Augie Historian's Experiences in China During Tien-an-men" by Dr. Van J. Symons, and "How Firm a Foundation" by Dr. Richard Anderson.

 

SCOPE AND CONTENT

The collection is very small, consisting of two folders of fliers advertising the Augustana Women's meetings, arranged chronologically.

 

BOX LIST

Box 1
            Fliers, 1984-1989
            Fliers, 1990-1992

 

RELATED COLLECTIONS

MSS 226 Woman's Club, MSS 24 Augustana Dames


<Back to index>